Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gayle Goh - Scriptwriter

19 year old Gayle currently resides in Cambridge, UK, but nothing will stop us from getting to know such a lovely, young and talented lady. Our crew goes the distance to bring you a step closer into her world, with much thanks to Facebook!

Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm currently an English student in the UK, and I'm loving it! Reading and writing have long been my passionate interests, and I'm glad to be finally exploring them fully. I have also always enjoyed listening to, playing and composing music, watching TV, movies and theatrical productions, sky-watching, and swimming. Recently I've discovered a penchant for shopping that scares me!

Have you ever been involved in a drama production?

I was involved in drama club activities throughout primary and early secondary school, and I've sung in choirs, but I've never actually been a cast or crew member in a production before. So this is a fantastic new experience.

What made you agree to write the script for this musical?

I'm usually up for anything, and I say 'yes' to challenges pretty quickly - sometimes without even thinking about what they might entail. This has gotten me in trouble in the past, as you can imagine. I'm glad I took up this particular task though; it's a great feeling to be working with my sister and friends on a project that has a definite purpose and value.

What does your role require of you?

Only my health and sanity! Well no, I deeply exaggerate :) Really it requires me to script, as well as write lyrics and music, and arrange musical accompaniments. Anything beyond that is simply advisory.

What is the most difficult moment you've encountered since the start of production?

I've been away pursuing my studies from late-September to early-December, so I'm sorry to say I missed out on a lot of agony. As I write this, I'm still in the UK, so I look forward to plenty of pain and woe upon my return!

If you had the choice of playing the role of another character, who would it be and why?

It would be the geek. I identify deeply with many of the challenges that he faces, with regards to his secular environment and his intellect.

Tell us one interesting thing about yourself:

I randomly hum the note 'E' because the universe seems more harmonious that way.

One word to describe yourself:

Onion.