Friday, December 14, 2007

Devin Kuek - Joseph

This adorable baby-faced polar bear appears to be quiet and reserved but just like the good ol' can of Pringles, once you pop, he can't stop!

Tell us a little about yourself.

I am an associate in an investment holding company. I enjoy working on cars, swimming, whitewater rafting, kayaking, skiing, fixing things... cars I would like to own: Subaru S204, BMW M3 (E46 with the 3.2 L S54B32 inline 6), Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. My most memorable car is the 1990 to 1993 Honda Accord. I once drank 2 liters of orange juice in 5 minutes. Personal motto in life: "Never stop learning!" My favorite subjects in school were Physics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics and Engineering. You can check my record books for my least favorite subjects…

Have you had past experiences in a musical or drama production?

None, that I can remember.

What made you agree to playing the role of Joseph in the musical?

It's a new experience and a great challenge.

What is one difficult moment you've encountered since the start of production?

Learning my lines.

What is the most memorable moment for you so far?

Watching the energy and talent that everyone brings to the musical, come together each weekend.

If you had the choice of playing the role of another character, who would it be and why?

King Herod. This character has short but powerful lines. Raw intensity of the character.

How do you prepare yourself before you go on stage/perform?

Eat, drink lots of fluids, run through lines, visualize actions and stretch

One quirky habit of yours:

One of the first things I do in the morning is to drink at least 0.5 liters of water.

Living proof that the greatest beauty secret of all times is plain water. Bottoms up, people! Make way for Devin and his baby smooth, glowing skin (and dimples) live in BPMC on Dec 23rd and Dec 25th as he makes his acting debut!